All Recipes Featured on
BAKED OATMEAL with BLUEBERRIES and BANANAS
CRÈME BRULEE FRENCH TOAST
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbles corn syrup
8" - 9 " round loaf country style bread
5 large eggs
1 ½ cups half-and-half
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp Grand Marnier (optional)
1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring until smooth and pour into a 9: x 13" x 2: baking dish. Cut six 1-inch thick slices from center portion of bread, reserving ends for another use, and trim crusts. Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt until combined well and pour evenly over brad. Chill bread mixture, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring bread to room temperature.
4. Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Serve hot French Toast immediately.
¼ cup sugar
3 Tbles flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp salt
6 large eggs
2 cups whipping cream
½ cup butter, melted
6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)
Combine first 4 ingredients. Whisk together eggs, whipping cream and butter. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour into 9x13" pan. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes until brown and set. Let stand 5 minutes.
(6 cups frozen whole kernel or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.)
Southwestern flair: Stir in 1 (4.5 oz) can drained chopped green chilies and ¼ tsp ground cumin.
LEMONADE ICED TEA
(from Southern Living July 2009)
I'm not an Iced Tea lover, but add Lemonade - very refreshing! Martha Sue
3 cups water
2 Family-size tea bags
1 (1 ounce) package fresh mint leaves (about 1 cup loosely packed)
½ cup sugar
4 cups cold water
1 (16 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Garnish: Fresh citrus slices
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes
2. Remove and discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
3. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.